I'm trying to add more easy breezy to my summer, and if I'm really going to relax and unwind dinner has got to be easy. Prepping a meal is so much simpler when the side is already taken care of. I love knowing there's a big bowl of chilled salad in the fridge ready to go when it's late afternoon and I'd rather spend a little bit longer watching the kids run around in the garden than stand at the kitchen counter.
Here are seven of my favourite summer salads:
- Tomato and basil kidney bean salad.
- Garlic pepper coleslaw with mint and toasted pine nuts.
- Chipotle southwest tater salad.
- Mediterranean pasta salad.
- Broccoli salad with lemon dill dressing.
- Sour ginger slaw.
- Spinach and strawberry salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
What are you favourite summer salads?