Here's your chance to enjoy fantastic pasta at home for a year, for FREE! Catelli is giving away a year-supply of their Healthy Harvest Ancient Grains pasta to one lucky Family Feedbag reader. Just think of all the pasta dishes you could make: carbonara, arrabbiata, primavera, pomodoro, alfredo, puttanesca, marinara and, yes, pesto (if you haven't seen the goofy video of me making pesto and dancing with Chef Lynn Crawford yet, check it out here on The Vancouver Sun website).
The Catelli event I attended last week at the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts in Vancouver offered food bloggers an opportunity not only to learn about the Ancient Grains line of pastas, which are made with 5 ancient grains - quinoa, amaranth, millet, sorghum and teff - but also a chance to get into the kitchen to try them out for ourselves while making Chef Lynn's recipe for Chilled Noodle Salad with Ginger Wasabi Dressing. Oh my word, guys, I love this salad. And the spaghettini pasta is perfectly tender and silky.
Get the fantastic recipe below and enter to win a YEAR-SUPPLY of Catelli Ancient Grains pasta.
Chilled Noodle Salad with Ginger Wasabi Dressing
By Chef Lynn Crawford for Catelli®. Reproduced with permission.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 8 min
1 pkg (340 g) Catelli® Healthy Harvest® Ancient Grains Spaghettini
2 cups (500 mL) snow peas, thinly sliced diagonally
1 cup (250 mL) shelled edamame
1 small English cucumber
2 cups (500 mL) napa cabbage, finely shredded
1 cup (250 mL) red pepper, cut into matchsticks
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro leaves
2 tbsp (30 mL) black sesame seeds
GINGER WASABI DRESSING
1/4 cup (60 mL) seasoned rice vinegar
3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar
2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh ginger
wasabi to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Rinse under cold water until well chilled; transfer to large bowl and set aside.
2. In a pot of boiling water, cook snow peas and edamame until tender-crisp. Drain and rinse under cold water until well chilled; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, halve the cucumber lengthwise and use the end of a spoon to scoop and discard seeds; cut cucumber into julienne strips.
4. Ginger Wasabi Dressing: Whish together rice vinegar, canola oil, soy sauce, lemon juice and zest, brown sugar, sesame oil and ginger. Season with wasabi to taste.
5. Add cucumber, snow peas, edamame, napa cabbage, red pepper, green onions and avocado to noodles; toss with enough dressing to coat.
6. Garnish with cilantro leaves and black sesame seeds.
Tip: If you have time, you can chill the noodle dish by refrigerating for 1 to 4 hours.
Now for the giveaway!!!
WIN A YEAR-SUPPLY of Catelli® Healthy Harvest® Ancient Grains Pasta.
To enter, leave a comment on this blog post telling me what your favourite pasta dish is, and be sure to leave an email address so I can contact you if you win. One entry per person on the blog.
Get 1 bonus entry by tweeting: "I entered to win a year-supply of #Catelli Healthy Harvest Ancient Grains Pasta on @familyfeedbag."
Canadian residents only. Contest closes Tuesday, March 31st at 9 p.m. Eastern/6 p.m. Pacific. Winner will be contacted directly and announced on social media.